Like many of you, I continue to follow the coronavirus situation closely, for personal and professional reasons.
Given the dismaying surge in COVID cases over the past several weeks, this week I devoted part of my twice-monthly Helping Older Parents members call to this topic, and I have decided to share this part of the call below.
This video covers:
- The coronavirus situation today
- Are we better at preventing COVID?
- Are we better at treating COVID?
- Current COVID treatments available in the hospital
- My take on hospitalization for frail older adults with COVID
- Useful resources and my recommendations for this summer
The video is below, or get the audio-only through the podcast here.
(For those who have asked about transcripts: I wish I could but right now we are too short on funding; transcripts cost $1.25/minute to produce plus more time to format and finalize.)
Please stay as safe as you can, and take care!