Like many of you, I’ve been following the recent coronavirus developments closely.
This month, I’ve devoted my twice-monthly Helping Older Parents members calls to this topic, plus recorded an additional commentary last week.
As expected, a lot has changed since last week. So I have recorded another video commentary today, with updates. This one covers:
- What I’ve recently learned about the clinical course of COVID
- If you think you (or your older relative) might be sick with coronavirus
- What to know about hospitalization for this, and how a “surge” situation might affect that
- Options for care at home, including palliative care
- My latest recommendations on planning ahead and then hoping for the best.
Also, in the video I forgot to mention that one of my favorite clinical sources is currently making its coronavirus topic free to the public: Uptodate.com: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The video is below, or get the audio-only through the podcast here.
(For those who have asked about transcripts: I wish I could but right now we are too short on funding; transcripts cost $1.25/minute to produce plus more time to format and finalize.)
Please stay as safe as you can, and take care!