In This Episode:
Dr. K provides updated information on the effectiveness and safety of COVID vaccination for older adults, including information on the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson&Johnson vaccines. She also addresses FAQs about coronavirus vaccination.
This episode covers:
- How we can tell the COVID vaccines are working
- Data on how COVID cases and deaths have fallen in nursing homes and among people aged 85+
- Current COVID mortality rates in older adults
- What the latest observational studies show, regarding vaccine effectiveness in people over age 80
- What the Johnson & Johnson vaccine trial data shows, when it comes to older adults with chronic conditions
- What’s been found so far, regarding vaccine safety
- Answers to FAQs, including:
- Should I get vaccinated against COVID?
- Should my 90-year-old parent get the COVID vaccine?
- How well does the vaccine work in older adults?
- Can you get COVID if you’ve been vaccinated?
- Should you be vaccinated if you already had COVID?
- Which COVID vaccine is best for seniors? Which vaccine is safest?
- Should I worry that the vaccine might harm me (or my frail older parent)?
- When can I get vaccinated? Which vaccine should I try to get?
- If I’ve been vaccinated, is it safe to …?
- Dr. K’s current recommendations regarding COVID vaccination and staying safe given current conditions