Watch the subtitled video and search the transcript by clicking above.
(For a short tutorial on how to search the transcript, see here.)
In This Episode:
Guest host Dr. Nicole Didyk discusses the diagnosis and treatment of depression, including why it’s often tricky to diagnose in later life, and how it can be treated. (Note: depression in the context of dementia will be covered in an upcoming episode.) Dr. Didyk is a geriatrician in Canada, and the founder of the blog and YouTube channel The Wrinkle.
- What’s different about depression in older adults?
- What are the signs that an older person might be depressed?
- What medical illnesses can mimic depression?
- Which medications can cause or worsen depressive symptoms?
- How can depression be treated in older adults?
- What to do if you’re concerned about depression in an older person