Dr. K discusses what aging adults & families should know about COVID and flu this winter.
- The currently increasing rates of COVID & flu
- What to know about the new Omicron subvariants BQ.1 and BQ.1.1
- How well the fall COVID bivalent booster is working so far
- How to avoid getting sick and how to gather safely
- When to mask and how to do so effectively
- Why use a HEPA air purifier at home and how to choose one
- How to detect COVID now
- How to treat COVID
- Her top recommendations for staying safe during winter gatherings
Note: you can get the CO2 monitor Dr. K refers to here: https://amzn.to/3yhDtq8.
Dr. K’s HEPA air purifier is here https://amzn.to/3Y96crN
These are Amazon affiliate links, so any purchases will help support Better Health While Aging, thank you!
- To track COVID data:
- CDC Datasets in this update:
- From medical journals and research groups:
- Low neutralization of SARS-CoV-2 Omicron BA.2.75.2, BQ.1.1, and XBB.1 by parental mRNA vaccine or a BA.5-bivalent booster (12/6/22)
- Effect of hybrid immunity and bivalent booster vaccination on omicron sublineage neutralisation (12/5/22)
- Paxlovid Associated with Decreased Hospitalization Rate Among Adults with COVID-19 — United States, April–September 2022 12/2/22
- From news and other media:
- For masking, ventilation COVID transmission information: