In This Episode:
Dr. K talks with Richard Caro, PhD, a co-founder of Tech-Enhanced Life, who recently spent several months testing out wearable medical alert systems. They discuss:
- What Richard learned through hands-on testing of several different personal emergency response systems (PERS)
- Key PERS features to consider before buying, including who will respond when the alert is triggered and whether the responder can be heard through the pendant versus the base station
- The pros and cons of automatic fall-detection
- How to see past the marketing and learn more about different PERS features, in order to select the right PERS for you
- Whether there are any stylish and attractive wearable alert systems available for sale in the US
- Why Richard and his colleagues founded Tech-Enhanced Life
Related Resource Featured in Podcast Episode:
Additional Notes on this Topic:
Although we don’t discuss it in depth in the episode, Consumer Reports did publish an article on medical alert systems in June 2014 (updated July 2015). Dr. K feels that the report itself is short and overall not as useful as the Tech-Enhanced Life selection guide. However, she likes the fact that there are over 60 comments, sharing information regarding customer service, contracts, and other aspects of the service.
To reach Richard Caro regarding Tech-Enhanced Life and/or the PERS guide: You can email email@example.com or see their contact page here.
Leave a Reply