In This Episode:
Dr. K shares an update on the coronavirus (COVID19) situation and more recommendations to help older adults and people concerned about aging parents.
This episode covers:
- The coronavirus situation today
- Why COVID rates are so high right now
- Latest developments in treatment & vaccination
- What this means for older adults
- If you’re wondering “Is it safe to…?”
- Dr. K’s recommendations for the holidays and winter
108 – Live QA: Aging Health in COVID Times
- Limiting Indoor Capacity Can Reduce Coronavirus Infections, Study Shows
- Covid in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count
- New Medicare coverage for COVID-19 antibody treatment can be ‘really helpful’ for nursing homes
- AARP Answers: Nursing Homes and the Coronavirus
- Bamlanivimab for COVID-19 — Hard to Pronounce, Even Harder to Give
- A Series of Disappointing Results of Immune-Based Therapies for COVID-19
- Journal Watch
- Uptodate.com COVID-19 Resources & Tools (Coronavirus Resources)
- What is a pulse oximeter
- Center to Advance Palliative Care COVID Response Resources – see info in the symptom management section.
- Learn how POLST helps frail and seriously ill adults get better care, and find out what is available for your state.
- Institute on Aging Friendship Line
- This free service provides trained volunteers to talk to older adults who are lonely or depressed; they are also qualified as a crisis line for anyone contemplating harming themselves
Leave a Reply