Watch the subtitled video and search the transcript by clicking above.
(For a short tutorial on how to search the transcript, see here.)
In This Episode:
Guest host Dr. Nicole Didyk explains what older adults and families should know about leg edema (swollen legs), a common condition that affects aging adults. Dr. Didyk is a geriatrician in Canada, and the founder of the blog and YouTube channel The Wrinkle.
- Why is it common for the lower legs to swell?
- What are the most common medical causes of leg edema and what are some serious causes that should not be missed?
- Which common medications can make leg swelling worse?
- When should you seek immediate medical attention for swollen legs?
- How can chronically swollen legs be treated?
- What to know about using diuretics (water pills) for swollen legs