In This Episode:
Dr. K shares an update on the coronavirus (COVID19) situation and more recommendations to help older adults and people concerned about aging parents.
To watch the video version, click here.
News and Updates:
- Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security Daily COVID-19 Situation Reports
- Younger Adults Make Up Big Portion of Coronavirus Hospitalizations in U.S.
- The Coronavirus Is Here to Stay, So What Happens Next?
- Free live online webinar on Thursday 3/26/20: Accessing Inner Resilience: Tools and Actions to Work with Challenging Times (from Zencaregiving.org)
- Get their easy advance directives for almost all states here.
- Learn how POLST helps frail and seriously ill adults get better care, and find out what is available for your state.
Services and Products:
- Institute on Aging Friendship Line
- This free service provides trained volunteers to talk to older adults who are lonely or depressed; they are also qualified as a crisis line for anyone contemplating harming themselves
- Care.coach (formerly Gerijoy) virtual companion service for older adults
- This service provides companionship, medication reminders, and more. We have had a Helping Older Parents member give us very positive feedback about it recently.
- If you would like to be part of our Better Health While Aging group trying this service at a discount, please let us know via email. You will get 20% off the set-up fee (usually $279) and ongoing monthly charge (usually $279/month). (BHWA is forgoing any commission in order to enable a larger discount for our community.)
Have you come across any resources or services that are especially helpful to older adults and families during this time? Please share below in the comments, thank you!