Have YOU been struggling to help an aging parent address health and safety issues?
If so, I’d like to invite you to join a NEW and unique community that I’ll be launching in early 2019.
This is for you if you’ve found yourself:
- Spending way too long trying to figure out what to do about your parents
- Frustrated because your parents won’t listen
- Uncertain or unhappy about the medical care your parent is getting
- Stressed out, overwhelmed, or plagued by guilt
- Wishing you could connect with others in your situation
- Wishing it were easier to get advice and direction from an expert like me
Expert guidance + the support of a group, for as long as you need it
Because I’ve seen so many people struggle to help aging parents, in 2018, I created a new 8-week program: the Helping Older Parents Bootcamp.
This program featured a specially designed curriculum, a community forum, and weekly group calls with me.
I’m pleased to say that people going through the program found it very helpful, and said things like this:
In fact, it seemed there was really one main problem with the Bootcamp, which was this: people wanted an ongoing way to keep in touch with each other, and with me.
Honestly, I wasn’t surprised to hear this. I designed the Bootcamp to be an 8-week program because I wanted to give people like you a fairly quick way to learn about key ways to help aging parents.
But the truth is, almost no one resolves the issues with aging parents in just eight weeks. Yes, you can learn a lot and it will make a big difference in how you’re able to help older parents.
But, helping older parents is a marathon, not a sprint. For most people, this stage of life lasts for years, during which families navigate evolving situations and intermittent crises.
Since one of my key recommendations to people is to join a support group, I thought: why not create our own special Better Health While Aging community, to build on the Helping Older Parent’s curriculum?
Introducing: Better Health While Aging’s Helping Older Parents Membership Community
Better Health While Aging’s Helping Older Parents Membership community is a unique expert-moderated online community, designed to provide you with peer support AND advice from me and other eldercare experts.
Through this online community, you’ll be able to quickly get the information and support that you need, to navigate any number of common issues that come up when helping older parents.
Here’s what this Membership Community will include:
- Private online community forum
- You’ll be able to share your questions, feelings, wins, and insights at any time of the day or night, when it’s most convenient for you.
- Daily moderation and insights from an eldercare expert
- I’ve handpicked a wonderful eldercare expert, Carol Bradley Bursack, to moderate and share insights.
- Weekly geriatrician input and insights from me
- I’ll be in the group at least once a week, to answer your questions related to aging health, dealing with health providers, or anything that benefits from my expertise.
- Faster access to the information you need to solve the problem at hand
- Through our eldercare moderator and others, we’ll help point you towards whatever resource or next step can help you with whatever your current challenge is.
- Whether the information you need is in the Helping Older Parents curriculum or elsewhere, we’ll help you find it.
- Monthly online group learning and coaching sessions with me
- Once a month, we’ll get on a live group call, so that you can ask me questions or discuss a sticky situation with me.
I’m especially glad to be able to offer the monthly calls, as I love talking to people like you, and I know everyone else likes to hear someone’s situation being discussed!
Imagine an online support group for people like you, but better, because there are eldercare experts available too, to share insights and point you in the right direction when you’re not sure what to do.
Imagine being able to ask a geriatrician such as myself, to learn more about what can be done or what to expect.
Imagine a special Better Health While Aging online community, created just for people helping aging parents, and designed to help you get more of what you need, to keep supporting your aging parents.
The Bootcamp was good, but honestly, I think this might be even better. And there is only one way to find out, which is to join me and Carol in launching and growing this community.
Please sign up below, if you’d like to be notified when registration opens up in March 2019.
About the Helping Older Parents Program
The Helping Older Parents Essentials Program (formerly known as the Bootcamp) is a unique online program designed to provide adult children with the tools they need to navigate common difficulties that come up, when trying to assist an older parent with health, safety, well-being, and quality of life.
Through this program, geriatrician Dr. Kernisan provides expert guidance on:
- Assessing and addressing common areas of concern
- Fostering better connections with older parents, including how to learn more about their priorities and goals
- Evaluating for possible dementia
- Improving communication with older parents, siblings, and others
- Navigating difficult decisions
- Taking care of oneself as a family caregiver, including getting help, setting limits, rethinking one’s role, and more
- Prioritizing and finding ways to keep track of what to do
- Accessing community resources
- Getting better care from health providers
- Learning to “think like a geriatrician”
- and much more!
Please sign up below, if you’d like to be notified about updates and future enrollment opportunities.