In This Episode:
Dr. K shares the coronavirus (COVID19) information and recommendations she presented on 7/16/20 to members of the Helping Older Parents Membership.
- The coronavirus situation today
- Are we better at preventing COVID?
- Are we better at treating COVID?
- Current COVID treatments available in the hospital
- Dr. K’s take on hospitalization for frail older adults with COVID
- Useful resources and her recommendations for this summer
- Uptodate.com COVID-19 Resources & Tools (Coronavirus Resources)
- What is a pulse oximeter
- Center to Advance Palliative Care COVID Response Resources – see info in the symptom management section.
- Learn how POLST helps frail and seriously ill adults get better care, and find out what is available for your state.
- Institute on Aging Friendship Line
- This free service provides trained volunteers to talk to older adults who are lonely or depressed; they are also qualified as a crisis line for anyone contemplating harming themselves.