In This Episode:
Dr. K talks with Janet Benvenuti, a family caregiving expert who is the founder of Circle of Life Partners and the author of “Don’t Give Up on Me: Supporting Aging Parents Successfully.” They discuss:
- Janet’s experience becoming responsible for her parents’ financial affairs and medical care
- How Janet and her siblings negotiated caregiving roles and conflicts
- An exercise to help you map out your family’s resources to build a caregiving team
- Why Janet wishes her family had done more advance planning related to housing
- The role of personal care agreements and compensation in family caregiving
- Janet’s tips on how boomers can set up a game plan for their own aging
- How to use Janet’s book to help your family plan for aging
015 – Interview: Practical Advice for Family Caregivers & Next Step In Care
017 – Interview: Paying for Long-Term Care & Other Family Caregiving Challenges
013 – Interview: Solving Hard Problems in Helping Aging Parents
- Circle of Life Partners: A community that supports the health and wellbeing of families and aging parents.
- Sign up for the free newsletter here: Join Circle of Life Partners
- For Janet’s HIPAA app, sign up for the newsletter or email email@example.com
- Don’t Give Up on Them: Janet’s website for her book.