In This Episode:
- What is “long-term care” for older adults, and how is it usually paid for?
- What are ADLs and IADLs, and how do they relate to nursing home eligibility?
- The conditions under which Medicaid (not Medicare!) pays for long-term care
- The current role of long-term care insurance and how this type of insurance could be improved
- Why Anne started Daughterhood.org in response to seeing friends struggling with helping their parents and paying for care
- The two big family caregiver problems that Anne hears about over and over again: how do I pay for this and how do I deal with my siblings?
- The guilt, shame, and grief that family caregivers — especially women — often experience when helping older parents
- Anne’s tips for family caregivers who are struggling to pay for care or to cope
- What Are the Chances You’ll Need Long-Term Care And How Much Will It Cost?
- Recommended by Anne