In This Episode:
Dr. K explains several different health conditions that can cause memory loss in older adults and in aging parents, and why memory loss doesn’t mean a person is developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- 10 common causes of memory loss that she checks for, when an aging person is developing short-term memory loss or other signs of thinking problems
- How identifying the cause of memory loss can lead to better cognitive function for the older person
001 – Is Memory Loss Normal in Aging?
- Related article: Cognitive Impairment in Aging: 10 Common Causes & 10 Things the Doctor Should Check
- Free online training: Memory Loss & Safety: How to Have Better Talks & Fewer Fights With Your Aging Parent
- Dr. Kernisan’s book: When Your Aging Parent Needs Help: A Geriatrician’s Step-by-Step Guide to Memory Loss, Resistance, Safety Worries, & More
- Get 12 weeks of expert guidance from Dr. K and her team of geriatric care managers, on how & when to step in to help a parent with memory loss: Helping Older Parents with Early Memory Loss Program
Leave a Reply