In This Episode:
When an older person starts to develop symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia, what are the earliest warning signs to look out for? In this episode, Dr. K explains 10 warning signs that often catch her attention.
- Why her list isn’t quite the same as that of the Alzheimer’s Association
- 10 early warning signs she considers especially important
- What to know about “lack of insight” (also known as “anosognosia”)
- What to know about accusations, delusions, and paranoia
- What to do if you notice possible warning signs in your older loved one
002 – What causes memory loss as people get older?
- Related article: 8 Behaviors to Take Note of if You Think Someone Might Have Alzheimer’s
- Free online training: Memory Loss & Safety: How to Have Better Talks & Fewer Fights With Your Aging Parent
- Dr. Kernisan’s book: When Your Aging Parent Needs Help: A Geriatrician’s Step-by-Step Guide to Memory Loss, Resistance, Safety Worries, & More
- Get 12 weeks of expert guidance from Dr. K and her team of geriatric care managers, on how & when to step in to help a parent with memory loss: Helping Older Parents with Early Memory Loss Program
Leave a Reply