Watch the subtitled video and search the transcript by clicking above.
(For a short tutorial on how to search the transcript, see here.)
In This Episode:
Guest host Dr. Nicole Didyk explains what older adults and families should know about leg edema (swollen legs), a common condition that affects aging adults. Dr. Didyk is a geriatrician in Canada, and the founder of the blog and YouTube channel The Wrinkle.
- Why is it common for the lower legs to swell?
- What are the most common medical causes of leg edema and what are some serious causes that should not be missed?
- Which common medications can make leg swelling worse?
- When should you seek immediate medical attention for swollen legs?
- How can chronically swollen legs be treated?
- What to know about using diuretics (water pills) for swollen legs
092- Interview: Addressing Nighttime Urination & Insomnia in Aging
040 – Dehydration in Older Adults: How to Prevent It, Detect It, & Treat It
113 – Interview: Urinary Incontinence in Aging
- Leg Swelling in Aging: What to Know and What to Do
- What Is Edema? – Causes and Treatment | familydoctor.org
- Treatment of Edema – American Family Physician (aafp.org)
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency | Society for Vascular Surgery
- What is Chronic Venous Disease? | American Venous Forum (veinforum.org)
- VIDEO: EDEMA – What causes swollen legs
Leave a Reply