In This Episode:
- Dr. Kernisan introduces the Better Health in Aging podcast
- We discuss three common questions people often ask Dr. K:
- What IS geriatrics?
- At what age should geriatrics care start?
- Do I need a geriatrician?
- Dr. K introduces herself and explains more about why she’s starting this podcast.
- The 2015 American Geriatrics Society Updated Beers Criteria: Medications that Older Adults Should Avoid or Use with Caution
Carine Kernisan says
Hi Leslie, I’m a 58 year old woman and I’m very interested in geriatrics care and how it can help improve my quality of life as I age. I’ve just started listening to your podcast and I find them very informative and helpful. I work for NYU as a clinical systems analyst and if okay with you, I will add your link to my FB page to share with my friends of like mind and age. Yes, noticed we have the same last name…
Leslie Kernisan, MD MPH says
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in the podcast and site! I’m always very happy to have people share links to the site on Facebook, as the goal is to be helpful to as many people as possible.
And yes, how funny that we have the last name. I am guessing that you, like me, are of Haitian descent 🙂