Like many of you, I continue to follow the coronavirus situation closely, for personal and professional reasons. And of course, I’ve been quite concerned by the recently increasing COVID case numbers.
So I’ve recorded another video commentary to share with our Better Health While Aging community.
This video covers:
- The coronavirus situation today
- Why COVID rates are so high right now
- Latest developments in treatment & vaccination
- What this means for older adults
- If you’re wondering “Is it safe to…?”
- Dr. K’s recommendations for the holidays and winter
Watch the subtitled video and search the transcript below or get the audio-only through the podcast here.
(For a short tutorial on how to search the transcript, see here.)
Please stay as safe as you can, and take care!
- Limiting Indoor Capacity Can Reduce Coronavirus Infections, Study Shows
- Covid in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count
- New Medicare coverage for COVID-19 antibody treatment can be ‘really helpful’ for nursing homes
- AARP Answers: Nursing Homes and the Coronavirus
- Bamlanivimab for COVID-19 — Hard to Pronounce, Even Harder to Give
- A Series of Disappointing Results of Immune-Based Therapies for COVID-19
- Journal Watch
- Uptodate.com COVID-19 Resources & Tools (Coronavirus Resources)
- What is a pulse oximeter
- Center to Advance Palliative Care COVID Response Resources – see info in the symptom management section.
- Learn how POLST helps frail and seriously ill adults get better care, and find out what is available for your state.
- Institute on Aging Friendship Line
- This free service provides trained volunteers to talk to older adults who are lonely or depressed; they are also qualified as a crisis line for anyone contemplating harming themselves
Questions? Comments? Helpful ideas to share? Please post below!